Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ben Crawls :)

It's exciting (and scary) to have Ben mobile...

In some ways it's cool to see him grow up, but in so many more it marks an end to a baby stage that I will never have again. Gone, in some ways is the little man that needed me to be his movement, and now he is a grown-up baby.

He really is into everything now, and I really have to watch what the older boys leave out by mistake. More often then not it is some form of paper, but he is also very good at reaching the PS2 remotes that no longer have a cover for the batteries... and you can only guess what he can chew on then! Now it's time to rearrange the toy room and move stuff to higher ground...

But like I said, in some ways it's good. Now if he wants a toy, he will find a way to get it :)

On Nov 16th Josh and I were sitting in the office at computers across the room from each other, and Ben with some toys on the floor. Every once in a while I would check on him and sometimes he was right by Josh's chair, and sometimes he was right under me. So I was like Josh- let's see if he is crawling! I handed Josh my cell phone and had him drag it on the floor in front of Ben- and sure enough, he loved to chase that phone!! I've got some video of it, let's see how long it takes me to figure out how to put it on here!!!

He has also become quite the chatter! Even when I am nursing him!! If he hears his brothers talk he will stop to "talk" to them :)
If they are vocal with their video games, he yells just like they do!
He even changes the pitch of his voice to match my excited "HEY" when I see him. (almost like his is saying "hey" back to me)
And, Jeremiah has developed a cough today- and Ben is mimicking the sound! What a funny guy!

2 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

Yeah for crawling.... or should I be excited for you?? Just kidding..... I know it's good he's crawling now.... but I know the feeling of wanting him to stay a baby as long as he can! :)
So congrats on that stage step! .... hopefully it will last a while!

Mom said...

Ben is quite pleased with his crawling isn't he? He's pretty funny. His favorite thing to chase is the cell phone. Hope that doesn't mean you're in for lots more chatter (but it might since he mimicks his brothers!). What's next? hmmm.... stairs??? LOL