It all started Friday morning. The kids got up and ate breakfast just fine, got ready for the gym just fine (well, expect for the usual complaints about not wanting to go), and it wasn't until I pulled into the parking lot that Matthew says, "My tummy hurts!"
I seriously just thought he was saying that because he didn't want to go. So I said, OK- Go lay on the beanbags.
When I got done with my workout, he seemed fine. So I stopped by Fresh Lane to get bread and milk on the way home, and got the boys their own chocolate milk for a treat. I hadn't even made it half way home before Matthew started to whine, and the threw up all over himself and his car seat!! WOW, that was a long ride home! It smelled SO bad in the car!!
I had to work that night, but Alex said that he threw up a bunch more times. When I came home he was laying on the floor in the office with a bowl next to him :( Poor kid!
Then Saturday morning after work, Alex had to go to the office to get some things done. So me and the boys got really busy de-junking the Family Room, and Joshua's closet. Fun stuff, I had no idea he had so much stuff in there! Well actually, it was just a ton of board games that just didn't fit! Anyway we got so busy that I forgot about dinner until like 8pm! But as soon as I had finished my food I got SO sick! It was a mad rush to get the boys in bed so I could just lay down. Then I was grumpy with Alex because he didn't get home until 11! Poor guy, I know he just has a lot to do....I just felt so crummy.
So I missed church on Sunday, and got some really good sleep! And when Alex and the boys got home I was feeling great- so we all went to his sisters house for dinner.
Right after we finished Spaghetti, Jeremiah comes over and says his tummy hurts!
Here we go again!!
We gave him Anti-Nausea stuff, and put him to bed. Hopefully to keep the Spaghetti down long enough so it wouldn't be such a mess. Unfortunately, he was in our bed by 3 am and woke us up to wonderful noises and smells! Oh yes!! All over our bed, our carpet, and the bathroom. I had the great idea to try and cover his mouth to keep it off the carpet. And a word to the wise- don't try it! lol, it really doesn't work- in fact, it might make things worse, as now it also covered me and the wall!!!
Thank goodness for cleaner vacuums!
So then last night I laid in bed thinking how wonderful today would be, because for the first time in a very long time- nothing was on the calender!! I had wonderful ideas of mowing the yard, going to workout (since I had missed Monday), and swimming. Then of taking naps, and playing Battlefield with the boys. That was until 130am when Josh walked in shaking and saying his tummy hurt! It was so nice to have an older kid who didn't make a mess everywhere!! I really can't express how nice it was not to have cleanup :)
But then poor Josh was back in our room at 330. This time I had him lay on the floor, and I drove my happy butt to Wal-Mart to get more Anti-Nausea. People are surprisingly cheerful at 4am!!
So now my boys are happily watching Sword in the Stone (yes, that would be an impulse buy at 4am) drinking Gatorade, and that's where they will foreseeably be most of the day. Me? While I was typing all this, I got a call from work...apparently I said that I would work for someone this morning!!! I don't remember this :( Ugh!!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Sick, Sick, Sick!
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 HOLLERS!:
I'm so so sorry, but I must admit that I laughed through this whole post. We've *so* done this before -- the puking in the car, the passing the puking from boy to boy, the puking in our bedroom, the runs to Wally World to buy gatorade.
I hope the sickies are done at your house!
ewwwwwwwww! and YUUUUKKKKK!!
and omg, been there done that -right!
tummy bugs are the worst!
and then you got a call you were supposed to work - roflmao!!!
Lis
Poor Guys!! I hope it goes away quickly! bummer about work, i would have said oh well!
I know you feeling, here i sit at my computer at 4am because tristan has been up puking his guts out... 3rd time this month.... i had it 2x, jeff had it 2x and kaylee NONE *knock on wood*. Its nice because after the first time for tristan (he ran to our room saying my tummy hurt then DIDNT make it to the bathroom to puke) he has learned to run straight to the bathroom. Sooo no clean up for me YET tonite.
Post a Comment