Friday, July 3, 2015

Cub Scout Day Camp - Day 4

Last day!!

Today I was helping with the rock climbing wall.

The camp had to rent this wall from BSA- and it was ridiculously expensive. They had wanted the wall all week, but it just wasn't in the budget.
The BSA trainer gave the four of us instructions and a quick training about 30 minutes before the boys came to climb. I was very nervous with the first boy I helped climb, but then it was so easy I couldn't believe I had been scared! 

We had a 30 foot wall, and not even half the boys made it to the top. The hardest part was the descent. I had to slowly let the boys down, without going too fast, which was difficult with the boys that were close to my weight.

Matt was in the second group that came to climb, and in random order he managed to climb with me :) I hadn't even realized he was in the group until he came up to me to climb!




Hmmm....not my best side....
Seriously, who took these pictures! LOL



Oh man, I am one hot mess! But I am sure glad to have spent this week with Matthew :)

0 HOLLERS!: