This last week has been so hard on all of us, I really don't remember the last time we were so sick!
It could be that I have been working 35 hours a week at two different gyms.
It could be the annoying staff that brings their sick kids in to work, or that are sick themselves. It could be that my neighbors that are always over here, even when they are sick.
And it could very well be that seriously everyone in Texas is sick right now!
Last Friday Alex stayed home from work with Matthew because both of them had fevers. By Saturday morning Joshua and Jeremiah were sick too. So I planned my day to be gone as much as possible. I started by playing paintball- Alex was SO sad to miss the game! (I had been playing with a chest plate, but then was getting too hot, and opted to take it off. The very next round I got shot in the back- ouch! ) Then I went to the Temple with my mom, and then we picked up Ben from Dad's and went shopping.
But Sunday morning, I woke up with a fever :( Mom and Dad took Ben to church and then to their house most of the day, hoping to keep him from getting sick. Alex took Matt to the Care Now because he still had a fever and a very strange rash all over his torso. They couldn't figure out what was wrong- but gave him meds anyway. Joshua, Jeremiah, Alex and I still had fevers.
Monday Alex took Matt and Jeremiah to the regular doctor. Matt had scarlet fever- don't freak out- it's just strep throat with a fever and rash....lol.
By Wednesday I was a the doctor, my fever had finally gone on Tuesday, but come back Wednesday morning with Mastitis! (again!! I just finished taking the last round of Antibiotics on Friday) I also got tested for the Flu- turns out I have type B, when everyone else has type A...go figure!
Thursday I was feeling so much better- I was back to working two shifts :) Alex went to work, but came home early to go to sleep. Seriously, he was in bed by 630.
Friday Alex went to the doctor again, and Jeremiah and Matt had pink eye!
Sadly, on Saturday Benjamin got a fever- and by Saturday night it was 103, and he needed to be held all the time and wouldn't even let us sit down! Alex stayed up with him until 230am, when the fever finally broke and he let Alex lay down.
Needless to say- it has been a very, very long week. But hopefully next week will be better, and if nothing else, cheaper then this week. It's insane how much money you can spend with six people going to the doctor and getting prescriptions!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
...been sick!...
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 HOLLERS!:
My goodness! Your doctor should start paying you! I hope you didn't have to pay too much for co-pays and prescriptions! You should add up how much you spent on it all. Maybe you can claim it on your taxes next year!!
OMG!!!!
All those sick germs - how awful - sounds like you could start a lab!!
I hope everyone is done with being sick .... FOR THE YEAR now!!
You've had more than your fair share!
STAY WELL!
Post a Comment