Since we were having a party for Ben on Saturday we kept his actual birthday just to the family. I worked late that night, but came home and had a quick dinner and some yummy cupcakes.
Benjamin loved singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME" all day :) Even when we were driving in the car, he would ask me to sing Happy Birthday to him. I tried to get a video of him doing it... but as soon as he would notice my phone he would quit singing and say "BEN'S TURN" while trying to take my phone!
When we finally brought out his cupcakes he was almost too excited to sit in his chair. I think we sang Happy Birthday to him a dozen times. Alex recorded a really cute video of him bobbing to our singing- and then blowing out the candles pre-maturely!
Ben kept saying "Do again, mommy, do again". So being the awesome mom that I am, I kept relighting the same candle until it was a nub!! The boys loved taking turns blowing it out, or blowing it out before it really even was lit again. Benjamin had covered the cupcake with spit, but he loved every minute of it. He calls himself "BenjaBen", so it was "benjaben's turn" LOL, he says the cutest things at this age :)
2 Things I Love about Benjamin:
1) He loves mommy best! He is very, very shy- and I love that he wants me all the time, but I guess I am enjoying it because I know it passes far too quickly.
2) He is very smart and never forgets! Grandma Gale told him a story about Elephants in your Ear, and he will still make an Elephant sound while pointing to his ear at random times throughout the day. Ben loves to talk, and loves to mimic whatever his brothers do.
Some other funny things Benjamin says right now:
"boom, boom, fire power" (From Battle of the Smithsonian)
"We will, we will wock you"
"okie dokie"
"don't touch mommy" (said usually when I am trying to put socks on him)
"benjabens turn" (Said anytime he wants something)
"basketball game" (anytime he sees a ball)
"football game" (anytime he sees a star, yes even the Lone star, since the Cowboys have a star)
"hut hut hike"
"apple ju mommy apple ju"


1 HOLLERS!:
how adorable. He's such a sweet little guy with a charming personality and quick wit. Miss you all so much!!!
Post a Comment